Friday, July 30, 2010

since I've been lovin' you

The bf is in a really great band-- Harvey and the Buckets. I love being a musician's girlfriend-- it's pretty much my favorite. There's nothing I'd rather do on a Friday night than lug around his spare guitar, wear cowboy boots, and sing along to music about me. Conceited, I know, but hello-- have you met me? Anyway-- The Buckets are fantastic and are about to sign their first record deal with a great little indie label down south. They'll be back in the studio in a few weeks recording their second EP and I for one cannot wait for the beautiful meltdowns that come with putting together an album with soul.


Frontman (and my boyyyyfraaaand) Nick Petakas, (lead guitar) David Bader, (bass & vocals) Jason Selwood, and (drummer) Andy Orge have been involved in the local music scene for the past decade, playing with creative pop, punk, and hardcore acts including DKLIMB, My Complex Island, Stretching FM, Therapy, and The Gray Girls to name a few. Influenced by rhythm and blues and inspired by alt country- The Buckets varied strengths combine to form South Florida's answer to Chicago's Wilco-- They are not only familiar with, but committed to promoting their music in the scene they've called home for years. With a combined arsenal of gigs played with Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Tenacious D, The Promise Ring, Dashboard Confessional, Hot Rod Circuit and Piebald, The Buckets myriad influences can be heard in their first studio EP, 'Queens and Criminals' which you can stream here!

SO, should come hang on August 13th at Monterey! I promise it'll be a good time- lots of beer, boys and broads (whatever your preference) and rock and roll. I will wear something hot and the bf will show of his muscles and talent. Be there.



4 comments:

  1. Review of Michael Symon's 'Roast,' Detroit, Mi: In a word, unbelievable. beef and chops, foodie sides (talkin' roasted sprussel brouts with secret seasoning. Menu is sterling. Had rack of lamb (6 chops) grilled to medium reare perfection; rosemary fries (very crisp shoestrings) served with house 'ketchup,' i.e., with cumin and cayenne! Too full for desert. Good service. Packed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog? Cute as fuck. Oh, and hilarious. Love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! I promise I'll be a better blogger in the new year :)

    ReplyDelete